SIMATIC NET Profibus Course (ST-PROFIBU)
- Dates and Registration
- SIMATIC NET Profibus Course
- Aims and Objectives
- The course teaches the essential theoretical fundamentals of PROFIBUS protocols and services. You will learn how to use the tools for startup, service, testing and diagnostics.
- Learn the different methods of setting up PROFIBUS networks (RS 485 network components, fibre optics) from Siemens. You will reinforce your theoretical knowledge with numerous practical exercises on SIMATIC S7 devices with HMI components.
- On completion of this practice-oriented course, you will be able to install and optimize a PROFIBUS DP network, and you will learn step-by-step how you can limit and correct faults quickly.
- PROFIBUS fundamentals in accordance with EN50170/IEC 61158
- Overview of PROFIBUS devices and network components
- Connectors, tools, laying
- measurements with the BT200
- PROFIBUS diagnostics
- Connecting an HMI device to PROFIBUS
- Completion of either the ST-PRO2 or ST-SERV2 courses.