Process Instrumentation- Pressure, Temperature and Positioners (PI-PTP)
- Dates and Registration
- Process Instrumentation- Pressure, Temperature and Positioners
- Combining hands-on tutorials with theory sessions, this course teaches participants the principles of field instrumentation, including pressure and temperature measurement, and electro-pneumatic and ultrasonic technologies. Working with the PI product portfolio, students gain an understanding of common applications, troubleshooting, customer requirements, and how to select a suitable product.
- Service personnel and customers using process instruments.
- 1. Pressure
- a. Introduction to pressure principles and technology
- b. Pressure terminology
- c. Programming
- d. Common applications
- e. Maintenance and troubleshooting
- 2. Temperature
- a. Theory
- b. Transmitter design
- c. Programming temperature diagnostics
- 3. Valve Positioners
- a. Introduction to Valve positioners
- b. Valve positioner technology
- c. Programming and initialization
- d. Applications
- Basic knowledge on plant instrumentation.