Introduction to Profibus, Ethernet, Profinet (SCT-S7NETS)
- Dates and Registration
- Introduction to Profibus, Ethernet, Profinet
- Aims and Objectives
- This course provides an introduction to MPI, PROFIBUS and Actuator-Sensor Interface (AS-i) networks within an S7 PLC automation system. Students will build skills with the basics of network installations, configuration and troubleshooting. This course covers sensor, field and level networks including hardware and software requirements, and installation rules. Specific network protocols are discussed and working lab exercises are used to learn configuration and parameterization requirements with SIMATIC Net. Specific SIMATIC Communication Processors (CPs) and their functions are reviewed, including project and subnet creations with the SIMATIC manager.
- The course format is a combination of instruction and hands-on exercises.
- Describe the various Industrial Networking options and terminology in the S7 environment.
- Install and configure simple networks including, interface modules, software and cables
- Configure and troubleshoot SEND/RECEIVE connections
- Install and address various sensor and field devices including 3rd party devices.
- Troubleshoot and repair basic industrial networks including MPI, PROFIBUS and AS-i.
- Completion of either the ST-PRO1 or ST-SERV2 courses.