RUGGEDCOM Multi Service Platform Basic Switch Training (RC-PROD111)
- Dates and Registration
- Upon completion of this course, students will be familiar with basic networking technology concepts and be able to apply these concepts on RUGGEDCOM Multi Service Platform based ethernet switch products running the ROXII software. The students will gain practical knowledge for real world installations and basic RUGGEDCOM Multi Service Platform based ethernet switch operation and maintenance.
- This course is recommended for operation and maintenance technicians and engineers responsible for installing, commissioning and maintaining industrial ethernet networks.
- The course is designed to accommodate students with limited or no ethernet knowledge. No pre-requisites are required to attend this course.
- What you will learn
- Technology Overview:
- . Industrial ethernet technology fundamentals
- . Transmission media types and characteristics
- . Spanning tree
- . Virtual LAN
- . SNMP, NTP and DHCP relay
- . Link aggregation
- . Introduction to serial protocols
- RUGGEDCOM Multi Service Platform Product Overview:
- . Hardware types & options
- . Functions & features
- . Installation & safety
- . Switch administration
- . Firmware upgrade & configuration files management
- . Equipment level troubleshooting
- . Configuration & factory default settings