Security in Industrial Networks with RUGGEDCOM (IK-SECIN-R)
- Dates and Registration
- It is difficult to imagine day-to-day industrial operations without Ethernet connections. From large-scale environment to the smallest Industrial Ethernet communication network, nearly everything has come to dependency on the overall systems reliability and security. The opportunities on the one hand are countered by risks on the other hand. Access by outsiders or manipulations in the network always has catastrophic consequences on application or on in-house expertise. Therefore, functioning security systems are an absolute must.
- In this course participants will be shown numerous ways to improve the protection from attacks, espionage, and manipulations. During the course you will become familiar with the knowledge necessary to apply concepts mandated by common security standards. The course does not just cover theoretical security concepts, it also provides the opportunity to implement these concepts through practical hands-on exercises. At the end of this course, participants will understand the requirements and fundamentals needed to plan, implement and maintain industrial security measures.
- Technical sales personnel Industry: COOs, commissioning engineers, project engineers, maintenance and service personnel IT: CIOs, network architects and administrators
- Understanding what threats lurk Industrial Ethernet networks
- Defense-in-depth approach
- Security measures and guidelines (best practices, industry driven)
- Hardening the RUGGEDCOM product line
- Protecting Control Networks (firewall, address translation (NAT))
- Site to Site and Remote access via VPN (IPsec)
- Knowledge according to course “Ethernet Fundamentals in Industrial Networks”: Participants shall have basic knowledge of Ethernet and should be familiar with network topologies, Media Access Control (MAC), Internet Protocol, data transport and associated technical vocabulary. It is also helpful if you are familiar with the principles of operation of switches and routers, as well as the OSI reference model.
- Participants are encouraged to attend the “Switching and Routing in Industrial Networks with RUGGEDCOM” training course.
- After the training course, you have the opportunity to become certified as "Siemens Certified Professional for Industrial Networks - Security". A voluntary The certification examination takes place at the end of this training. As an option, the examination may be taken at a later time.
- Please note that before the examination you have to identify yourself by showing a valid photo identification.