Simocode Pro V&C Course (SD-SIMPRO)
- Dates and Registration
- Introduction to the use and application of the Simocode Pro motor protection and control unit and it's associated software. The course is relevant to those wishing to study either the Pro C or V versions.
- On completion of this course the participant will be able to:-
- Understand the use and application of the Simocode unit
- Understand the configuration of the Simocode unit using the associated software (Simocode ES 2007).
- The course is relevant to those wishing to study either the Pro C or V versions.
- Overview including Pro V and Pro C versions
- Installation and wiring considerations
- Overview and use of Simocode ES 2007 including:-
- Configuration of a direct starter
- Explanation of parameters
- Basic unit operation
- Operator panel configuration
- Use of logic modules including truth tables, signal matching, timers, counters, flashing, flickering
- Diagnostic functions in Simocode ES software
- Configuration of a reversing starter
- Use of Simocode graphic parameterisation
- Basic introduction to PROFIBUS
- Introduction of Simocode into an automation system using CPU315DP
- Configuration of Simocode ES via Step7 (V5.x) hardware configuration
- PLC -> Simocode Pro -> PLC Communications
- Cyclic data exchange
- Control of Simocode Pro from an HMI panel
- Diagnostics using data records
- The ability to use a MS Windows PC (W7), keyboard and mouse to include opening and closing programs, locating files, copy and paste objects /data (text, etc). Drag and drop files, objects/data (text, etc). Use of menus and multi-menus, manipulation of windows within a multi-window environment. Use of MS Windows Help.
- Knowledge of Siemens Step7 (V5.x) PLC software would be advantageous but is not essential to participating effectively on this course.