S7 Programming 3 Course (ST-PRO3)
- Dates and Registration
- This course is directed at personnel engaged in project engineering tasks who would like to become familiar with the complex programming possibilities of SIMATIC S7 (300/400) and who would like to reinforce and build on their knowledge from the previous programming courses. The course uses a 'hands-on' practical approach to reinforce the theoretical aspects of the training.
- On completion of this course the participant will be able to:-
- Structure and create complex S7 programs, making it possible to efficiently work with STEP 7 V5.5 and thus reduce the engineering phase.
- This course is directed at personnel engaged in project engineering tasks who would like to become familiar with the complex programming possibilities of SIMATIC S7 (300/400) and who would like to reinforce and build on their knowledge from the previous programming courses.
- Functions, function blocks and multi-instances (with the example of an execution line)
- Creating and applying complex data structures
- Indirect addressing and address register instructions
- Parameter passing using complex data
- Error handling for Synchronous and Asynchronous Errors
- Administration of a recipe database with HMI
- MPI Global Data Communications
- MPI Communications using SFC's
- S7 Communication via SFB
- Introduction to Industrial Ethernet
- Introduction to Profinet
- Each of the above topic areas are backed up by practical exercises using a system model, consisting of the S7- 300 automation system, the ET200S distributed peripheral, an HMI touch panel, the MM420 drive and a conveyor model. Working examples are provided and tested out during the course.
- The ability to use a MS Windows PC (W7), keyboard and mouse to include opening and closing programs, locating files, copy and paste objects /data (text, etc). Drag and drop files, objects/data (text, etc). Use of menus and multi-menus, manipulation of windows within a multi-window environment. Use of MS Windows Help.
- Must have attended the Siemens ST-PRO2 Course and have practical exposure to programming in a project environment.
- You can use the online tests below to find out whether you have sufficient prior knowledge to participate effectively in the course you wish to attend. If you answer more than 70 % of the questions correctly you are well prepared to take part in the course.
- Completion of this course satisfies the last part of the examination entry requirements for the Siemens Certified S7 Programmer.
- This training course is not appropriate for trainees using S7-200, S7-1200 or S7-1500 based systems. For more information concerning details of S7-200, S7-1200 or S7-1500 training contact Siemens Industry Training on 0161 446 6111 or our website at www.siemens.co.uk/sitrain.