AS-Interface Safe Certification Course (IK-ASISAFE)
- Dates and Registration
- This assessment and certification based course is aimed at personnel responsible for either the design or implementation of Siemens AS-Interface Safe systems.
- On completion of this course the participant will be able to:-
- Understand how AS-Interface Safe systems are installed & applied
- Understand how AS-Interface Safe systems are configured
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot existing systems
- Introduction to AS-Interface Safe systems
- Installation of AS-Interface Safe systems
- Application of AS-Interface Safe systems
- Equipment available to use on AS-Interface Safe systems
- Configuration and design considerations using different PL & SIL examples
- Use of AS-iMon software for configuration
- Interfacing to an existing AS-Interface network
- Use of AS-iMon software for diagnostics
- Programming integration into Step7 (V5.x)
- Diagnostics using Step7 (V5.x)
- Replication of diagnostic information onto HMI devices
- The ability to use a MS Windows PC (W7), keyboard and mouse to include opening and closing programs, locating files, copy and paste objects /data (text, etc). Drag and drop files, objects/data (text, etc). Use of menus and multi-menus, manipulation of windows within a multi-window environment. Use of MS Windows Help.
- Participants must have either a sound working knowledge of AS-Interface systems or have previously attended the standard 3 day AS-Interface Installation & Maintenance Course (IK-ASISYS). Participants also require a good working knowledge of Siemens Step7 (V5.x).
- Participants wishing to gain AS-Interface Safe Certification must have also successfully completed the Functional Safety Examination Module (Code. ST-NSST).
- This certificated course is assessed by means of an 'open book' assignment. Successful candidates will be issued with the formal AS--Interface Safe Certification which they will hold until expiry three years from the date of certificate issue. Please note the AS-Interface Safe Certificate will only be awarded upon successful completion of the Functional Safety Examination Module (Code. IK-SAFETY).Participants on the AS-Interface Safe course will also be issued with a basic attendance certificate but this will include a note on the certificate indicating that it does not certify, or imply, any AS-Interface Safe competence has been achieved by the participant.