RUGGEDCOM Ethernet Basic Switch Training (RC-PROD101)
- Dates and Registration
- Upon completion of this course, students will be familiar with basic networking technology concepts and be able to apply these concepts on RUGGEDCOM ROS based ethernet switch products. The students will gain practical knowledge for real world installations and basic ethernet switch operation and maintenance.
- YOU ARE REQUIRED TO BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOP TO THIS COURSE, AS THIS WILL BE USED DURING THE TRAINING
- This course is recommended for operation and maintenance technicians and engineers responsible for installing, commissioning and maintaining industrial ethernet networks.
- The course is designed to accommodate students with limited or no ethernet knowledge. No pre-requisites are required to attend this course.
- Technology Overview
- . Industrial ethernet technology fundamentals
- . Transmission media types and characteristics
- . Spanning tree
- . Virtual LAN
- . SNMP, NTP and DHCP relay
- . Link aggregation
- . Introduction to serial protocols
- RUGGEDCOM ROS Based Ethernet Switch Family
- Product Overview
- . RUGGEDCOM switch hardware & options
- . Functions and features
- . Installation and safety
- . Switch administration
- . Firmware upgrade and configuration files management
- . Equipment level troubleshooting
- . Configuration and factory default settings