Sirius Soft Starts Course (SD-SSTART)
- Dates and Registration
- Introduction to the use and application of the SIRIUS range of soft starters (3RW30, 3RW40 and 3RW44) and the Soft Starter ES software.
- On completion of this course the student will be able to:-
- Understand the use and application of the SIRIUS range of soft starters
- Understand the configuration of the 3RW44 soft start unit using the associated software Soft Starter ES 2007.
- Theory of soft starting asynchronous motors
- Load characteristics for different motor applications
- Overview of the SIRIUS range of soft starters
- Quick commissioning procedures and sample application circuit diagrams
- Use of Win Soft Starter simulation software tool for selection of appropriate soft starters
- Configuration of 3RW44 soft starters using device interface panel
- Configuration of 3RW44 soft starters using Soft Starter ES software
- Diagnostic facilities using Soft Starter ES software
- Basic introduction to PROFIBUS
- Practical exercises in configuration, fault finding and integration into a PLC controlled PROFIBUS automation system
- Level of PC literacy with Windows (W7) to include opening and closing programs, locating files, copy and paste objects and data (text, etc.), drag and drop files, objects and data (text, etc.), use of menus and multi-menus, manipulation of windows within a multi-window environment, use of the Windows OS help.
- Knowledge of Siemens Step7 (V5.x) PLC software advantageous but is not essential.
- Duration - 2 Days £950.00 + VAT per person