You are responsible for reliable operation of the SINAMICS S120 drive system. If faults occur, then these should be resolved in the shortest possible time and operation resumed.
In this course, you will learn how to correctly and safely handle SINAMICS S120 drives when a fault occurs. Based on various scenarios, you will practice suitable measures such as data backup, replacing components and recommissioning.
After the course, you can determine the cause of faults and resolve them faster. When changes are made to the plant or system, you are also in a position to adapt the parameterization.
Design and principle of operation of the SINAMICS S120 converter system:
• Control module, infeed and power units
• Motor, encoder and DRIVE-CLiQ interfaces
Data backup and diagnostics using:
• STARTER software
• OP operator panel and web server
Determining the signal flow in the setpoint channel
Internal interconnections to PROFIBUS and PROFINET
Procedure when troubleshooting and recommissioning
• Checking the operating state and enable signals
• Analysis of alarms and fault messages
• Read-out of the diagnostics memory
• Tracing signals using the trace function
• Test operation using the control panel and measurement functions
Typical power unit, motor, encoder and cable faults
Procedure when replacing:
• Control module, power unit, motor and encoder
• Components with safety functions Safety Integrated
Practical exercises on training equipment with SINAMICS S120 in the booksize format