Ethernet Fundamentals in Industrial Networks (IK-ETHBAS)
- Dates and Registration
- The Industrial Ethernet Fundamentals course provides a broad overview in network technology and mechanisms which are the foundation of today's digital communication. Ever heard of the OSI reference model? This course will give you the insight and takes you on a tour through all seven layers.
- Upon completion the participants will gain a foundation knowledge of networking and its applications in industrial environments and will be prepared for the certification trainings of the Siemens Industrial Networks Education program.
- Decision makers
- Sales personnel
- Configuring engineers
- Commissioning engineers
- Engineering personnel
- Project engineers
- Maintenance personnel
- Service personnel
- Industry: COOs
- IT: CIOs, network planners and administrators
- Introduction to Industrial Ethernet
- Layer 1 - Physical Layer
- Layer 2 - Data Link Layer
- Layer 3 - Network Layer
- Layer 4 - 7
- You should have basic knowledge of the topic "Ethernet" and should be familiar with topologies, transfer processes, addressing, data transport, and understand the associated technical vocabulary. It is also helpful if you are familiar with the principles of operation of routers, switches, hubs and the OSI reference model. Basic knowledge of SIMATIC S7 and knowledge from the ST-PRO2 or ST-SERV2 courses is desirable.
- This training is recommended before attending the Siemens Industrial Networks Certification trainings.
- For further information, refer to