This course is for NC part programmers, fitting engineers and machine operators who work on 5-axis machines and machines with swiveling tools. The course covers special aspects of operation and programming, and addresses HSC issues for applications that use SINUMERIK 840D sl controls.
- Introduction and overview of transformations
- 5-axis transformation and 5-axis machine
- 3D tool offset and relevant tool data
- Face milling, circumferential milling and HSC issues
- Manual control for active transformation
- Online tool length offset
- Machining oblique surfaces with swiveling tools, with and without 5-axis transformation
- Swiveling cycle, system frames
- Practical demonstrations and exercises using a 5-axis training machine.