The course is intended for professionals involved in setting up, commissioning and servicing SINAMICS S120 AC drives. The course examines the hardware of the SINAMICS S120, commissioning it with the latest software TIA Portal, configuring and optimizing the drive, integrating it into automatic control systems.
• In this course you will learn the commissioning procedure step by step. You will be able to manage parameter setting and data storage using the Startdrive software in the TIA portal. Correct parameter setting ensures reliable operation of the entire installation.
• After the course, you will be able to effectively start up SINAMICS S120 frequency converters. You will be able to adapt the parameters of the closed loop controller to the respective application and use diagnostic tools in the event of a malfunction.
5 days 5 Days
Commissioning engineers, configuring engineers
1. Design and function of the SINAMICS S120 converter system:
o Control Module, Power Module and Motor Modules.
o Motors, encoders and interfaces.
2. Parameterization, data backup and diagnostics using the Startdrive software in the TIA Portal:
o Online connection via PROFINET and Ethernet.
o Project structure: drive objects and drive components.
o DRIVE-CLiQ interface topology.
3. Setpoint channel, input and output signals.
4. Control signals and internal signal connection using BiCo technology.
5. Optimization of closed loop control using automatic procedures.
6. The principle of operation of the Servo and Vector operating modes.
7. Analysis of the operating condition using permissive signals, warnings and errors.
8. Monitoring signals using the oscilloscope function.
9. Introduction to positioning and embedded safety.
10. Data exchange with SIMATIC S7 via PROFINET using the PROFIdrive standard telegram.
• Experience with WINDOWS, preferably higher technical or secondary specialized education.
• Basic knowledge of electrical engineering, electric drive theory and automatic control theory.
The practical exercises are carried out using the SINAMICS S120 training stand, synchronous servomotor, FieldPG programmer or PC.