This course is aimed at users with engineering tasks who want to become familiar with the expanded programming facilities of SIMATIC S7. You get an overview of human machine interfacing, PROFIBUS DP and the integration of drives.
What you learn about Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) will teach you to take a holistic view of your plant and help you to understand the relationship between the individual components. We will teach you how to structure and create extensive S7 programs. This enables you on completion of the course to work efficiently with STEP 7, shorten the engineering phase and minimize fault sources through optimal configuration of your plant. The comprehensive understanding you gain will give you new impetus and ideas for production optimization.
- Aids for program creation (e.g. structure program)
- Functions, function blocks and multi-instances (using the example of the IEC timers/counters)
- Jump commands and accumulator operations
- Indirect addressing
- Integration of a drive (MM420) via PROFIBUS DP
- Monitoring and controlling the drive with the "Starter" software
- Error handling with error organization blocks
- Evaluating diagnostics data
- Troubleshooting and messages with an HMI device (TP 177B)
- Analog value processing
- Deeper understanding of contents through practical exercises on the SIMATIC S7-300 system model
experience with WINDOWS, basic knowledge on SIMATIC S7 systems (in volume of the course ST-7PRG1)
the higher or secondary technical education
In this course you will work with the SIMATIC STEP 7 V5.x software.