Working safely in electrical installations requires a common and unambiguous interpretation of applicable standards. In today’s work practice, both native and non-Dutch speaking technicians work together on the same projects. That is why an English training has been developed on the interpretation of the NEN 3140/3840 standards.
After attending this training the participant has knowledge on:
• The scope of NEN 3140/3840 with regard to rules, legislation and save operation.
• Electrical safety: identifying risks and hazards.
• Operational work- and safety procedures.
• Siemens Nederland specific regulations and interpretations.
After attending this training the participant knows how to:
• Look up and interpret the relevant themes in NEN 3140/3840 standards.
• Identify the roles, responsibilities and authorities of personnel.
• Identify the actions needed to create a safe workplace and explain their purpose.
• Consult and apply the rules and regulations of Siemens Nederland.
This NEN 3140/3840 training is targeted at non-Dutch speaking employees of Siemens Nederland, who are required to perform work activity on, with, or nearby electrical installations in accordance with NEN 3140/3840.
Siemens Nederland applies the highest safety standards. The training is therefore also suitable for employees of external companies.
This course covers the following topics:
Dutch Occupational Health and Safety Law
NEN 3140 and NEN 3840 on employee duties
Risks of electricity
Work procedures to work on or near installations
Rules for the use of personal protective equipment
Siemens Netherlands regulations and handling of designation procedures
Furthermore, the course includes many practical exercises on our mobile panels with various electrical installations.
General knowledge of electrical engineering and specific knowledge of the installations in which the work is carried out.