The Runtime Service cannot communicate with the Entitlements
The information below details some of the possible scenarios when this
error occurs, and how to troubleshoot it.
For the exact reason why this communication failed, refer to the Local
Log file of the Runtime Service in the
<garoot>/log directory. The filename format is:
For detailed descriptions of the causes and their solutions, refer to
the Troubleshooting Guide.
Possible reasons for this error
No Entitlements Service is available
- if any of the Entitlements Services is running. Check the states
of the Entitlements service instances using the
GaFind command, or check the status of the service instances in the SCA.
- the URL and port number specified in the
gaRuntimeServiceTraderUrl setting. To check the connection, try to ping the hostname in the
- the connection to the machine which hosts the Entitlements
Service by pinging the machine hosting it. The Runtime Service Local Log should
provide the machine name to which the Runtime Service is trying to
The RuntimeSSL setting is not configured properly
- if the SSL flags are correctly enabled in both Runtime Service
and server machines using the
- if the KeyStore is transferred properly. Check the
gaKeyStore setting in both the server and Runtime Service machines, and ensure the
gaCA entry is the same in both the machines. (This means that both machines
are trusting the same Certification Authority (CA).
You are using PAT, NAT and/or firewalls, but the proxy information is
not properly configured
- if you are using PAT or NAT, ensure the
gaProxy setting is set to
- if you are using either PAT or NAT, ensure your Proxy IORs are
- the Runtime Service Local Log for information on which IP address
and port number the Runtime Service is using to connect with the Entitlements
Service. Ensure they are the right ones from the machine that is hosting
- if the right ports are opened in the firewall. Refer to the
firewall documentation for detailed instructions.
The Entitlements Service cannot accept the amount of connections
required by all the Runtime Services
gaAjpListener setting in the Entitlements Service to ensure it can accept all the
gaMinProcessers to ensure Entitlements Service(s) can handle all the required
The gaSvcIP setting for the Entitlements Service is "localhost"
- Change this setting to the IP Address on which the Entitlements
Service should listen. Using "localhost" makes the Entitlements Service accept
requests only from the machine that is hosting it.
None of the above scenarios are applicable
- Refer to the Troubleshooting Guide.
Customizing this error message
To customize this message, edit the
Alternatively, define the
<gaEntitlementErrorTemplate> setting in the proper virtual server instance, and specify the filename
that contains the error template.