SIMATIC PCS 7 Integrated Engineering and Simulation (ST-PCS7INS)
- Dates and Registration
- This course will give you an overview of the integrated engineering products and applications for planning, automating, and simulating process plants in the process industry.
- You will be introduced to the use and interaction of the Siemens COMOS, SIMATIC PCS 7, and SIMIT Simulation Framework software products.
- Using practical examples, you will learn how to exchange data from an existing COMOS project with SIMIT and with the SIMATIC PCS 7.
- In this way, we will show you how to sustainably participate in the market faster and with higher quality in the planning and implementation engineering phases of plant automation.
- After attending the course, you will be able to:
- Select the right software products, interfaces, and licenses for your tasks.
- Perform the basic work steps for plant planning and automation of a process plant at a prepared workstation.
- Exchange engineering data from COMOS with SIMIT and the SIMATIC PCS 7 via the SIMIT interface.
- Perform initial simple tests on a digital twin in the process system to check the quality of your plant planning and your process automation at every stage.
- Decision makers, sales personnel
- Project managers, project workers
- Programmers, configuration engineers
- Overview of plant and location structure of COMOS
- Overview of P&ID planning in COMOS
- Derivation of a simulation model and data exchange between COMOS and SIMIT
- Simulation testing in SIMIT
- Overview of engineering in PCS 7 and creation of the basic process automation structure in SIMATIC PCS 7
- Planning and configuring of automation functions in COMOS
- Data exchange between COMOS and SIMATIC PCS 7 and completion of the PCS 7 project
- Data exchange between COMOS and SIMIT as well as between SIMATIC PCS 7 and SIMIT
- Testing of the SIMATIC PCS 7 automation project and virtual commissioning of a digital twin of the process plant.
- Re-engineering in COMOS in case of changes to the automation
- Basic knowledge of plant planning and process control engineering
- Practical experience in the process industry and process automation