Totally Integrated Automation in the Digital Enterprise – Introduction to Standardization (DI-STAND)
- Dates and Registration
- This course provides an overview of the benefits and the approach for standardization across processes. Through it you will be well prepared for the challenges of digitalization in discrete automation. From Siemens as manufacturer, learn how you can optimally design your operational interfaces and program structures through standardization effectively and efficiently.
- Target groups of this course are project designers and planners of medium and large-scale industry who deal with an integrated digitalization concept approach.
- You will be given suggestions on how you can establish a company standard or how you can expand and optimize your existing one.
- In this way you can advance the standardization of your system/plant and its program creation and gain a competitive edge.
- From the identification of tags, the interfaces of your blocks right up to an implementation of a library concept in your company, the entire subject of standardization is discussed in this course.
- Decision makers
- Project planners
- Programming persons
- Project designers
- System integrators
- Standardization – on the way to digitalization
- Benefits of standardizing the PLC software
- Re-usability of program parts (in accordance with IEC 61131 and programming guide)
- Errors in the engineering are detected quicker
- Efficient working by way of uniform interfaces, behavior of blocks defined once, for example
- Optimizing communication and collaboration between departments
- Library concept in TIA Portal
- Versioning of stored PLC blocks
- Versioning of HMI faceplates
- Opportunities for implementing a standard
- Identification of blocks and interface parameters (style guide)
- The program/project of the machine/plant, for example, utilization of uniform hardware
- Data structures and data storage (programming guide)
- Call levels in the subprograms, nesting levels
- Structuring the machine/plant in individual functions/sub-functions
- Basic knowledge in SIMATIC TIA Portal Step 7 equal to TIA-PRO2 or TIA-SYSUP