IEC 61511 - Practical use (ST-WSPUP)
- Dates and Registration
- Basic knowledge about the "Safety life cycle according to IEC 61511"
- Expert knowledge regarding planning of safety-related systems
- Jointly produced solutions to common tasks
- Verified solutions
- Provided solutions as samples for everyday work
- Planners of safety-related systems in the process industry (hardware & software)
- This workshop is focussed on the practical use of the IEC61511, whereas the workshop “IEC 61511 Functional safety for the Process Industry” is more theoretically covering the subject.
- Using the example of typical application such as distillation column, Grignard reactor or steam drum the safety lifecycle with it steps:
- Basics from IEC 61511, functional safety management
- Hazard and risk analysis
- Allocation of safety functions to protection layers (SIL) incl. practical exercise (group works)
- Specification of safety requirements
- Design and engineering of a SIS
- Implementation of hardware examples - practical exercise (group works)
- SIL Verification of examples implemented
- Verification, validation and functional assessment
- will be elaborated and the results provided as key examples for the daily work.
- Good knowledge of process measuring and control technology
- Basic knowledge “IEC 61511 Functional safety for the process industry”
- Experience in the process industry
- Knowledge as provided in the Workshop "IEC 61511 Functional safety for the process industry"