SIMOTICS Asynchronous Motors - Planning and Engineering (DR-ASM-PL)
- Dates and Registration
- This course is aimed at configuration engineers and sales personnel, who are involved in planning and calculating the use of low-voltage induction motors.
- The course provides the fundamental physical background needed to select the correct motor. It focuses on start-up and line operation for standard applications, such as pumps, fans, compressors and conveyors. The course also covers special features of the motors for inverter operation.
- The configuring programs SIZER and DT-Configurator and the technical data in the catalogs are used to calculate a variety of applications.
- Planners, Decision makers, Sales personnel
- Design and function of induction motors
- Overview of SIMOTICS low-voltage motors
- Electrical and mechanical data for selection:
- Starting current, breakdown torque, power factor, efficiency level
- Cantilever forces, vibration, types of construction
- Types of starting: direct, star-delta, soft start, converter, duty cycles
- Efficiency classes, SinaSave PC program to calculate amortization
- Basics of explosion-protected motors, ATEX directive
- Special considerations for inverter operation: insulation, stamping, characteristic, bearing currents
- Overview gear boxes: design, types, data, features
- Selection of geared motors according to type of application
- Important options, brakes, attachments, bearings
- Couplings: types and their correct selection
- Load characteristic of pumps, fans, compressors, hoisting and traversing drives
- Motors for special applications and pole-changing motors
- Exercises for selecting motors based on catalogs D 81.1 and D 87.1
- Exercises for the PC programs SinaSave, SIZER and DT Configurator
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering
- Please bring your laptop loaded with the latest SIZER program. See notes.
- Please bring your laptop, if possible. The following installation is necessary in advance:
- SIZER for Siemens Drives (Link)
- In case you have no laptop, please contact your local SITRAIN office.