Maintenance and operation of 3WL circuit breakers (LV-CBMAIN)
- Dates and Registration
- The participants will learn the design, functional principal and operation of the 3WL air circuit breaker.
- The main emphasis of the course is on teaching practical product knowledge, in order to enable maintenance and operating supervision personnel to inspect and service 3WL circuit breakers, to find simple errors, and to replace the spare parts listed in the catalog.
- On the third day the participants are familiarized with the features of the 3WL10 air circuit breaker (size 0). Participants also get an overview of the communication options of the air circuit breakers.
- Maintenance staff
- Introduction and basic principles of low-voltage controlgear, switching principles
- Design, function and operation of 3WL circuit breakers
- Comprehensive practical unit with maintenance performance, installation and de-installation of the available accessories according to the catalog (such as ETU, motor operator, shunt release), maintenance instructions
- Introduction in protection settings of circuit breakers (characteristic curves, selectivity, back-up protection)
- Performing protection settings on the ETUs with practical training
- Test facilities of 3WL circuit breakers (internal testing, manual tester)
- Characteristics of the 3WL10 air circuit breaker
- Overview of communication regarding 3WL air circuit breakers
- Support available from Siemens (documents, website)
- Basic principles of electrical engineering and power distribution.
- Knowledge of technical options and specifications of circuit breakers.
- Practical exercises on training systems (3WL circuit breakers and demo case).
- Bring your own work shoes!
- The course takes place at SIEMENS locations, but can also be carried out at the customer's location.