Explosion protection for users (SC-S-EX)
- Dates and Registration
- The requirements of the European directives for use in potentially explosive atmospheres are the main topics of the course. On practical examples it will be explained, what users have to consider when installing, commissioning and maintaining devices, components, device groups and systems, that are partially or completely located in explosive areas.
- This course teaches you basic knowledge of explosion protection in accordance with the legal requirements.
- The course is aimed at participants working in plant planning, installation, commissioning and service.
- Legal foundations in the EU
- Requirements of the guidelines 2014/34/EU and 1999/92/EG
- Terms and definitions
- Certifikates und EG declaration of conformity
- Basics of an explosion
- Creation of explosive mixtures (gases, vapours, dusts)
- Ignition sources
- Principles of the explosion protection
- Ignition protection type
- Requirements for electrical equipment
- Explosion protection in North America (specifics)
- Use of devices in potentially explosive areas
- Zone division
- Installer requirements
- Selection of devices
- Evaluation of intrinsically safe circuits
- Exercise on the usage
- No requirements