Settings for Offline Learning Media (CBTs)
With the use of Offline Learning Media (CBTs), it may be necessary to make additional setting changes for the Internet Explorer and the Adobe Flash Player.
Settings for the Internet Explorer
The local execution of internet-capable files in the Internet Explorer can be blocked because of the security settings used.
In order to deactivate the message for the duration of your work and to avoid errors when using the CBT, the following steps are necessary:
- Activate the Internet Explorer
- Open the "Tools" menu and click on the "Internet Options..." item
- Switch to the "Advanced" tab
- Activate (check) the "Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer" option under "Security".
Settings for the Flash Player
Should you see the following (similar) Adobe Flash Player message when using the CBTs, please carry out the steps mentioned below.
- By pressing the ”Settings...“ button, you get to the Adobe Flash Player’s ”Settings Manager“ (prerequisite is an active Internet connection).
- In the Settings Manager, please change the ”Global Security Settings": Select the option ”Always allow" or add the path of your CD/DVD drive under the item ”Always trust files in these locations” .
- Close the open Browser window. This stores the settings made.
- Restart the CBT.
If you do not have an active Internet connection on your PC, you can also close this message with ”OK“. Normally, the CBT should then still function properly. However, you will have to close this message with ”OK“ every time you start the CBT.